iHealth Feel Setup Guide for Patients
Remove the device from the box. It may not be fully charged so plug it in using the cable provided. The device is done charging when the green light stops flashing:
Create an iHealth account online.
- Go to this sign up page and fill out the form
- Agree to the terms of service, and uncheck the box that signs you up for the newsletter!
- Hit Create Account. You may encounter an issue where the next page never finishes loading. If this occurs, just navigate to cloud.ihealthlabs.com in your browser and you should be logged in.
- Fill out the welcome form with your birthdate, height, weight, and city/state/zipcode. This data is stored securely and is used to calibrate your device readings.
Download the “iHealth MyVitals” app from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android).
Sign into the app with the account you just created.
Connect your device
- With the app open, press the "Start/Stop" button for 3 seconds. After 3 seconds a bluetooth indicator light should start flashing on the surface of the device. This means your iHealth device is discoverable via Bluetooth
- Go to the Bluetooth settings page on your phone. Make sure Bluetooth is turned on.
- Under the Devices list, you should see one named "BP5-XXXXXX". Tap it to connect to the device. The Bluetooth indicator on the iHealth device should stop flashing.
- Your phone will now "remember" this device and auto-connect to it whenever you open the iHealth MyVitals app.
Take your first measurement
- Sit in a chair with your feet flat on the floor. Make sure you haven't done any physical exertion in the last 20 minutes.
- Slide the blood pressure cuff onto your upper arm. The bottom of the cuff should be 1 inch from the crook of your elbow.
- Tighten the cuff with the Velcro. It shouldn't be too tight; make sure you can still slip two fingers between the cuff and your arm.
- Open the iHealth MyVitals app. Click the menu icon and tap "Blood Pressure". Once your phone auto-connects to your iHealth device, a large "Start" button should appear.
- Tap Start. The device will automatically pump up the cuff and take a measurement. The results will be displayed on your phone.